Sunday, November 28, 2004

Rockin in the Free World

After seeing "Fahrenheit 9-11", I wrote about how Neil Young's amazingly prescient "Rockin' in the Free World" at the close of Fahrenheit 9-11 was, for me, the most powerful part of the movie. Today, via the so-much-more-than-a-fan-blog Thrasher's Wheat, I saw the new video of "Rockin in the Free World", with footage from Fahrenheit 9-11, as well as concert footage.

Great stuff. Neil Young mainlines adrenaline and passion, while provoking thought. The only problem with the video is that it deletes some crucial language - the most important, in my mind, to the problem of living in a post 9-11 world:

But there's a warnin' sign on the road ahead
There's a lot of people sayin' we'd be better off dead
Don't feel like Satan, but I am to them
So I try to forget it, any way I can.

1 Comments:

Blogger thrasher said...

Thanks for the kind words!

Keep it mild,
Thrasher

12/04/2004 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home