Saturday, April 07, 2007

Worst Movie Title Ever?

I understand the impulse toward pretension and self-importance (not that I ever suffer from either), but I got the giggles in the theater yesterday when the great-looking movie about Ireland's title came on at the end of the trailer - "The Wind that Shakes the Barley".

Perhaps the giggles were brought on by the unintended cinematic references to Christopher Guest's "A Mighty Wind" and Spinal Tap's immortal "Break Like the Wind".

Either way, it looks like a movie I'll enjoy, even if I must stifle giggles over its awful title.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Spyder said...

What did you go see?

4/07/2007 12:46 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

The Namesake, about an Indian family. Not bad - Robin loved it, I enjoyed it.

4/07/2007 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home