Friday, October 17, 2008

Clint Zweifel and Brad Lager - People versus Powerbrokers

The Campaign Finance Reports filed by Clint Zweifel and Brad Lager provide a fascinating view into the role of money in the race. Brad Lager's report shows 9 heavy-hitters providing over half of his funds, while Clint Zweifel's report shows almost double the number of donations as Lager. Fortunately for Zweifel, his massive popularity propelled him to a victory in total dollars, as well as donors.

I've met Clint Zweifel and he's going to be a great treasurer.

As for Brad Lager, I formed my opinion of him back in 2006, and nothing I've seen since has changed it.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happened to recall that a few short months ago, Wayne Cauthen submitted a budget assuming gas would be available for $2.50 a gallon.

Just saw gas for $2.49 a gallon.

Now I'll wait for Dan to leave some nasty comment.

10/17/2008 7:31 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Nothing nasty - just an offer to bet you that the average price for gas will be higher than $2.50 for the year that Cauthen was budgeting. Email me, and I'll be happy to take as much of that action as you can afford.

10/18/2008 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home