Thursday, January 07, 2010

Funkhouser Controls Weather

At first, I thought that the claim published on a local blog that Mayor Funkhouser's street received extra attention during the recent snowpocalypse was simply more of the same uninformed, thoughtless, baseless criticism that has been voiced by malcontents and power-deprived real estate attorneys throughout his administration.

Boy, was I mistaken. Using the powerful research tools available on the web, I conducted a thorough investigation of the topic. Sure enough, this is what I found:


This is a genuine Google earth photograph of the Mayor's street which I downloaded this very morning, after shoveling 6 inches of powder out of my own driveway. The work of the city crews in cleaning not only the street, but the sidewalks, lawns and trees is impressive.

Even more upsetting, here is a snapshot showing the impact of the snowfall on the limos of the lawyers running against him:

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger les said...

Wassup, Dude? You miss the wild and crazy days? You know all it takes is a mention of the F'meister's name.

1/07/2010 9:06 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

You're probably right, but I'm hopeful that even the most frothing anti-Mayor maniacs will see that this is nonsubstantive humor.

1/07/2010 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was funny........

1/07/2010 9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't city crews that took care of Hizzonor's street - it was John Sharp, out there with a shovel and scraper all night.

1/07/2010 1:07 PM  
Anonymous inafunkaboutthefunk said...

Hey Dan, it seems that you are not posting my comment. Back to being Dan the Censor Ryan? Can't stand the truth? An opposing point of view too much for you? Or is it your maniacal sensitivity to all things funk?

Maybe I need to start posting the replies you censor on other blogs?

I think we put to bed the issue about censoring, right? Or do I need to send you the dicitionary definition of censoring again?

Wouldn't you think it best to put all things funk into hibernation on your blog again? Or maybe the best thing to do is to post Gloria's diary... at least the sections where she skewers you?

1/07/2010 2:03 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Sorry, Ina, if I missed one of your rantings. They kind of blend together, and aren't very interesting, except to prove me wrong in the sense that you didn't see this as nonsubstantive humor. If there's something you wanted to post here that somehow didn't show up, I'm sure the world will carry on without your insights.

1/07/2010 2:13 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

And, if you think that refusing to host whatever vitriol you want to spew on a blog I pay for amounts to censorship, then I guess I could be guilty as charged. I suspect my other readers appreciate the absence.

1/07/2010 2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, if you are saving us from having to read Inafunkaboutthefunk's rants, thank you and keep it up. I think Funkhouser is the worst Mayor we've ever had, but that doesn't mean I want to read his shit. I think he's crazy.

1/07/2010 2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto. Gracias.

1/07/2010 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Longtime Reader said...

Dan - I think the guy overestimates the impact of your words, and his. I don't need him to start screaming batshit craziness everytime you say something nice about the Mayor. I take your views on everything with a grain of salt, even without him being a complete asshole. I much prefer your blog INAFUNK-free. It's a much nicer place that way.

1/07/2010 3:46 PM  
Blogger les said...

Amazing how many people mistake a right to speak, for the power to force others to listen.

1/08/2010 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes they can go to Tony's blog for that sort of thing!

1/09/2010 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home